Saturday, October 17. Refreshments: 8:30am | Training: 9:00-11:00am
Final session for the year. We are finishing the book. There will also be a brief conversation on engaging the blog (and a Q&A for “how-to” so bring your questions) in ministry.
Leadership Training | Book Review: Chapters 7-11
Refreshments: 8:30am | Training: 9:00-11:00am
Chapter 5 – Authority
Four divisions of delegated authority are civil, church, family and social
1. How do we resist God’s ordinances and what are the consequences?
2. Should we submit to and honor ungodly authorities?
Chapter 6 – Harsh Authority
Obedience deals with our actions; willingness deals with our attitude
1. What happens when we handle unfair treatment correctly by honoring those who are unkind to us?
2. Give two reasons why we are to submit to harsh authority
Chapter 7 – Honoring Civil Leaders
We withhold his promise to judge righteously by our disobedience to not pray and honor our Leaders.
1. How does the author suggest that we are to bring truth to our Leaders?
Chapter 3 – Full Reward
Taking Offense can hinder our full reward
1. Think of a situation in which you may have been offended, how did you react?
2. Honor is an essential key to receiving from heaven; share your thoughts.
3. How does our treatment toward each other honor/dishonor the Father?
Chapter 4 – Little to Do with the Leader
If we honor those who are over us, we receive the reward God gives through their position
1. What is the difference between honor and worship
2. What does the Author mean by the comment “We Americans, just don’t get it”?